Skip to main content

Linking Up: Top 5 Teacher Must Haves

Today, I'm linking up with Life is Sweet for:
#1
Teaching Easel
I have the Royal Reading & Writing Center from Really Good Stuff in my classroom. This thing has it all: magnetic dry erase board, storage tubs, pencil/marker storage, removable dry erase board with lines, and big book storage in the middle. I love it because it is on wheels, can be placed where I need it, and moved out of the way when I don't.

#2
Elapsed Time Timer
I love this timer and so do my students. They are able to tell how much time is left with a quick glance. I prop it on my chalk tray, but it has a stand and a hanger on the back. One more thing I love about it, it doesn't scare the mess out of us when it goes off. It's loud enough for the kids to hear without being frightening.

#3
Scotch Laminator
Now that I have a personal laminator, I wonder how I ever survived without it? If you don't have one, you should get one. You can thank me later. ;)

#4
Supply Cubbies
I use these to store each child's extra supplies. I inherited these cubbies with my classroom. This is an old picture, I have since added black number stickers to each plastic box. I like them much better now.

#5
Command Hooks
Who doesn't love these?



Photobucket

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm your newest follower and I've given you an award. Stop on by and pick it up:)
Kelly
Kelly Teach
Sharon Dudley said…
Christy, the easel sounds really interesting. Mine doesn't have any storage, and I think your kind is just what I need. I also really like those command hooks. I hang teacher-made books on rings from them, as well as pocket charts for all different types of centers, and they're just so much more convenient than using the sticky stuff to hang things.

Stop by my blog if you have a moment. I have lots of freebies! :)

Your latest follower,

Sharon Dudley, NBCT
http://teachingwithsight.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

These are a few of my favorite things...

Lil' Country Kindergarten is having a Linky Party. The subject? My teaching wouldn't be the same without... #1 Music, but most importantly music by Mr. Al . Some of my friends and I were lucky enough to attend a Mr. Al conference earlier this year. I just love his music, enthusiasm, and creativity. Some of our favorites include Please Stand Up, Funky Backwards Alphabet, and Rockin' the Alphabet. #2 Expo dry erase markers...the big pack with all the colors. Having all the colors available is handy when drawing pictures on the whiteboard. I also really love TUL low odor dry erase markers. They are magnetic on one side and stay attached to the whiteboard. I find these markers at my local Office Max. I can not find these exact markers on their website, unfortunately. #3 The Royal Reading & Writing Center from Really Good Stuff. This thing has it all: magnetic dry erase board, storage tubs, pencil/marker storage, removable dry erase board with lines, big book st

No Excuses!

Hello!  Long time no see!  I'm going to try to update this pitiful blog at least once a week.  That is my goal, at least.  I wish I could say that I have been super productive over Christmas break, but sadly I haven't.  I haven't really thought about school other than pinning a few items.  That counts, right? Every year my class always volunteers to make ornaments to decorate the Christmas trees on the navy base near our school.  It is hard for kindergarteners to part with their ornaments, so I always have them make two of the same ornament (one for home and one for the base).  We made popsicle trees this year.   I just hot glue the popsicle sticks together.  The students use green Sharpies to color the tree shape.  They glue sequins and tree trunks to the tree shape and that's it.  I usually add a ribbon hanger to the top.  I took the last few days off before Christmas break began to go to Disney World with my family.  I knew if we waited until official break be