Skip to main content

No Excuses!

Hello!  Long time no see!  I'm going to try to update this pitiful blog at least once a week.  That is my goal, at least. 
I wish I could say that I have been super productive over Christmas break, but sadly I haven't.  I haven't really thought about school other than pinning a few items.  That counts, right?

Every year my class always volunteers to make ornaments to decorate the Christmas trees on the navy base near our school.  It is hard for kindergarteners to part with their ornaments, so I always have them make two of the same ornament (one for home and one for the base).  We made popsicle trees this year.   I just hot glue the popsicle sticks together.  The students use green Sharpies to color the tree shape.  They glue sequins and tree trunks to the tree shape and that's it.  I usually add a ribbon hanger to the top. 

I took the last few days off before Christmas break began to go to Disney World with my family.  I knew if we waited until official break began, it would be too crowded.   Don't feel too sorry for my class, though.  We had our Christmas party a little early, and I left them in the hands of an awesome substitute teacher.  They actually decorated Icing Christmas Trees and had a Polar Express Party while I was gone.

It was quite an endeavor planning for the time off, but I felt much better leaving everything nice and organized for her.


                                                                                  Fun with the White Rabbit

For now, I'm just enjoying the last three days before I have to return to work.  My children return on Tuesday, so I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished on Monday.  Here's hoping I'm not in meetings all day!

Until next time!

Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linking Up: Top 5 Teacher Must Haves

Today, I'm linking up with Life is Sweet for: #1 Teaching Easel I have the Royal Reading & Writing Center from Really Good Stuff in my classroom. This thing has it all: magnetic dry erase board, storage tubs, pencil/marker storage, removable dry erase board with lines, and big book storage in the middle. I love it because it is on wheels, can be placed where I need it, and moved out of the way when I don't. #2 Elapsed Time Timer I love this timer and so do my students. They are able to tell how much time is left with a quick glance. I prop it on my chalk tray, but it has a stand and a hanger on the back. One more thing I love about it, it doesn't scare the mess out of us when it goes off. It's loud enough for the kids to hear without being frightening. #3 Scotch Laminator Now that I have a personal laminator, I wonder how I ever survived without it? If you don't have one, you should get one. You can thank me later. ;) #4 ...

The Goodness That is Vistaprint

I love Vistaprint! What teacher doesn't? I love looking at ways other teachers use Vistaprint items in their classrooms. Here are a few of my favorite things I've created over the years. Small Window Decal for the small window on my classroom door. Small Business Card Magnets I will send home on the first day of school. What a great way to keep the refrigerator up to date with new artwork from kindergarten! Return Address Labels made into book labels. Tote Bag I will fill with a few birthday books/items and a journal to be filled out on/near the child's birthday and returned to school for sharing. Postcards for replenishing supplies around January. Mousepad ...I need to make another one with number words. Circular Product Labels for birthday bags. Date Stamp -this is my most used item in the classroom. I use it to stamp journals, artwork, writing samples. I l-o-v-e it! Keychain used on all take-home bags.

These are a few of my favorite things...

Lil' Country Kindergarten is having a Linky Party. The subject? My teaching wouldn't be the same without... #1 Music, but most importantly music by Mr. Al . Some of my friends and I were lucky enough to attend a Mr. Al conference earlier this year. I just love his music, enthusiasm, and creativity. Some of our favorites include Please Stand Up, Funky Backwards Alphabet, and Rockin' the Alphabet. #2 Expo dry erase markers...the big pack with all the colors. Having all the colors available is handy when drawing pictures on the whiteboard. I also really love TUL low odor dry erase markers. They are magnetic on one side and stay attached to the whiteboard. I find these markers at my local Office Max. I can not find these exact markers on their website, unfortunately. #3 The Royal Reading & Writing Center from Really Good Stuff. This thing has it all: magnetic dry erase board, storage tubs, pencil/marker storage, removable dry erase board with lines, big book st...